For those heading around the Twin Cities this weekend for any of a number events – college graduations, soccer and softball tournaments, golf or just any sort of recreation event – there are are a number of road construction projects in the metro to keep an eye on.
Southbound Hwy 169 between Hwy 62 and Valley View Road in Edina and Eden Prairie
- Southbound Hwy 169 between Hwy 62 and Valley View Road is closed until early July. Southbound traffic will be detoured to westbound Hwy 212 and eastbound I-494. Visit the Hwy 169 resurface and bridge redeck project website for detours and details.
I-694 in North Metro
- Westbound I-694 between Hwy 10 in Arden Hills and Hwy 65 (Central Avenue) in Fridley will be closed from 10 p.m., Friday, May 16 to 5 a.m., Monday, May 19. Traffic on westbound I-694 between Hwy 65 and East River Road will be single lane.
Detour: Take Hwy 10 to Hwy 610 to Hwy 252.
- Eastbound I-694 will be closed between Xerxes Avenue and Hwy 252 from 10 p.m., Friday, May 16 to 5 a.m., Monday, May 19. Traffic will be diverted onto eastbound I-94, parallel to I-694, and back onto eastbound I-694 at Hwy 252.
For additional lane and ramp closures visit the I-694 Corridor North Central West project website.
Hwy 10 in Anoka and Coon Rapids
Hwy 10 between Fairoak Avenue and Hanson Boulevard will have nightly lane closures beginning at 6 p.m. and continuing through 5 a.m. each following morning. The closures are anticipated to go through late May. Visit the Hwy 10 resurfacing project website for more information.
I-35 in Lakeville
- Northbound I-35 between County Road 50 and County Road 2 has lane closures
- Southbound I-35 between County Road 50 and County Road 70 is single lane traffic traveling head-to-head on the northbound lanes
- Hwy 50 to southbound I-35 is closed
- Southbound I-35 to 185th Street / County Road 60 is closed
For more information, visit I-35/ I-35E improvement project website.
I-35E in St. Paul
The ramp from southbound I-35E to Victoria Street and the ramp from Victoria Street to northbound I-35E are closed until 7 p.m., Monday, June 16. Please follow the signed detour.
The ramp closures are needed as crews route a natural gas pipeline along Victoria Street beneath the interstate.
Closer to Wright County
Also this week, closures continue at Highway 144 in Rogers. Highway 101 remains unaffected, but closures should happen on lanes on 101 soon, particularly as things dry out.
Interstate 94 in Monticello is also gearing up for big changes, but maintains just a closure to the eastbound on-ramp from Highway 25 to I-94 this weekend. A huge announcement is coming next week for westbound traffic on the interstate through Monticello.