Beginning today, Monday, Aug. 19, crews will begin to prepare work areas on I-94 between St. Michael and Albertville for the 2020-2021 construction season. Crews will widen the road, add lanes, construct temporary crossovers and begin work near the I-94 bridges over Wright County Highway 19. Here’s what to expect when navigating the work area:
Monday, Aug. 19 through Friday, Nov. 1; 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. nightly
- Eastbound I-94 is reduced to one lane along the median between Wright Co. Rd 19 in Albertville and Hwy 241 in St. Michael, Mondays to Fridays.
Monday, Aug. 19 through Friday, Nov. 1; 8 p.m. to 7 a.m. nightly
- Westbound I-94 is reduced to one lane along the shoulder or median between Hwy 241 in St. Michael and Wright County Highway 19 in Albertville, Mondays to Fridays.
During daytime hours, both directions of I-94 will also encounter periodic shoulder/median closures and work crews between St. Michael and Albertville.
Please plan ahead and give yourself additional time to reach your destination.
More about this project
There are improvements ahead for a 39-mile stretch of I-94 between Maple Grove and Clearwater, including more travel lanes, rebuilt bridges, improved drainage and the resurfacing of deteriorating pavement. Additionally, a new interchange is being constructed on I-94 near the city of Dayton. The improvements will reduce congestion, improve safety, improve freight movement, enhance economic vitality and provide a smoother ride for users of I-94. Work will take place between 2019 and 2021.
For more information about this project, visit the I-94 Maple Grove to Clearwater project website at: mndot.gov/i94-mg-clearwater.
- Follow us on Facebook: facebook.com/mndot and Twitter: @mndotnews
- Be ready. Know your route: mndot.gov/knowyourroute
- Sign up for Metro area weekend traffic impacts email updates
- Inquiries for I-94 between Maple Grove and Rogers, contact: Dave Aeikens at 651-234-7511 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Inquiries for I-94 between St. Michael and Clearwater, contact: Jenny Seelen at 218-828-5719 or email@example.com
- Email the project team at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call the project hotline at: 651-456-8205
For real-time travel information anywhere in Minnesota visit orgor dial 5-1-1