The annual night for neighborhood parties – National Night Out – is ready to rock Tuesday, Aug. 2 in neighborhoods around the North Wright County Today area.
Now in its third decade, NNO has been taking friends and families back to the days of “unlocked doors” and “nights with patio lights on,” when neighbors knew one another and looked out for the children in the community. This year, the event takes on additional significance, as the nation looks to unite with its first responders.
As summer winds down and families get ready for “Back to School” activities, National Night Out is a chance to connect with neighbors, law enforcement and representatives from local fire departments for a night on local streets.
National Night Out in STMA and Otsego will feature visits from the St. Michael and Albertville fire departments (AFD in Otsego), as well as local law enforcement – the Wright County Sheriff’s Office in most cases.
Here’s a quick list of neighborhood parties and starting times (if available) for Tuesday’s events.
Albertville and Otsego
• 5101 Kassel Ave. NE – Guardian Angels Engel Haus will host first responders and community members with a special celebration for NNO.
• Towne Lakes – Head over to Linfield Park, just off Laketowne Drive between School and Mud lakes and the Albertville Fire Department will be on hand.
• Karston Court – AFD will arrive Tuesday evening in the 10100 block of Karston for a community celebration.
• Hunters Pass Park – AFD and Wright County Sheriff’s Office will be on hand at the park, which is in 69th Circle in Albertville
• 10400 Block of Jason Lane
• 10500 Block of 62nd Street NE
• The annual party at 53rd Circle, just off Main and south of the Albertville Primary School
• 4900 Block of Kassel Avenue NE
Others are listed on the City of Albertville website, courtesy of Fire Chief Eric Bullen.
Look for the St. Michael Fire Department and the Wright County Sheriff’s Office in these areas.
– Cornerstone Apartments – 40 St. Michael Parkway. Should run until 6 p.m.
– Killian Estates, 10100 block of Frankfort Parkway NE. Will run until about 7 p.m.
• 5:30 p.m.
– Cottages of St. Michael – along Hillcrest Drive. Will feature St. Michael Fire Department.
– Fall Creek – 500 block of Lincoln Drive. Should run until about 8 p.m.
• 5:45 p.m.
– Meadow Ponds – party set for pool area. K-9 demonstration requested from WCSO.
-Highwoods Town Homes – 12700 block of 43rd Street Northeast (white town home complex)
-Preserve West – Frankfort Court
-Cascades Development (new!) – 37th Place Northeast
– Maple Ridge Estates – 10100 block of 45th Place NE.
– Lincoln Ponds 3rd Addition – 3000 block of Kagen Avneue NE.
– Berningwood – 4800 block of Mayer Avenue NE.
– Highlands 2nd Addition – 11900 block of 47th Place NE.
– Preserve East – 13700 block of 48th Lane
– Bailey Commons – use the private park on 17th Street NE
– Zahler’s Fifth Addition – Area of 4th Street SW, Carissa and Walnut. Should run until 9 p.m.
– Terrace Hills Third Addition – 500 block of Terrace Road
– Landings of Crow River – 1900 block of Laquey Avenue, running until 8 p.m.
– St. Michael Heights – First Street NW cul-de-sac.
– Shorewood Garden – 1500 block of Hansack Avenue NE.
Having a National Night Out get-together you want added to the list? E-mail North Wright County Today editor Mike Schoemer at email@example.com.