St. Michael Catholic Church is presenting another weekend event to celebrate the community, families and friends with a February Fun Fest, set for Valentine’s Day weekend this year at the church.
According to church staff and volunteers, the weekend is “time to break up winter by celebrating with February Fun Fest. There are family fun items, opportunities to come together as a community, and also a few chances to win some cold hard cash.”
Raffle tickets for the church’s all-cash raffle include a chance at a grand prize is $1500, 2nd prize is $750 and 3rd prize $500. Also included this year is one ticket for a quilt raffle, which is new for 2015.
Here’s a look at the weekend:
Saturday, February 14th:
- Spaghetti dinner will follow the 5:00 p.m. Mass in the gathering space. “After last year’s great dinner reviews we decided not to mess with success,” staff said.
- • Bake sale open after 5:00 p.m. Mass. Please bring your baked goods to gathering space on Saturday, Feb. 14th any time after 8:00 a.m., or the morning of Sunday, Feb. 15th.
- Boot Hockey on north side of church. Starting time 6:30 p.m
- Adult 500 card tournament in the gathering space starting about 7:30 p.m.
- Main Raffle and Quilt Raffle tickets on sale.
Sunday, February 15th:
- Bake sale following the Sunday morning Masses. Bring your baked goods.
- Chili & Soup Contest starting after 10:30 Mass. in the gathering space. Taste the great recipes from our parishioners! You get to vote for the best soup and chili.
- LIFT Children’s Concert in the church beginning at 12:30 p.m.
- Bingo and meat raffle begin at 1:30 p.m. in the gathering space. We will have regular cash bingo with coveralls for half the take. Open to all ages! Meat raffles coincide with bingo for added fun. Win a meat package or gift certificate to Dehmer’s. Food and refreshments will be served.
What can you do to help?
1. Most importantly, join us for this event. Visit with some old friends and make some new ones. We want to focus on our community by having something for everyone! This is a time for family, food, and fun for all.
2. We need your delicious baked goods for the bake sale. This is a great fundraiser for our parish, and people always enjoy the wonderful baked goods.