It’s hard to imagine that Santa Claus can appear so many places at once, but that’s going to be the case, starting this weekend around St. Michael, Albertville and Otsego.
The “Jolly Old Elf” will be popping in a host of community events and local businesses, and we’ve got the (beginnings of a) rundown right here.
Saturday, Dec. 6
• Huikko’s Entertainment Center in Buffalo will host Breakfast with Santa Claus, with free pictures. A full breakfast and refreshments will be on hand. CRISIS Nursery hosts the event, and tickets are just $10 at the door and $5 for kids 10 and under. Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 11 a.m.
• Join Santa and shop for specialty gifts at the St. Michael Catholic Schools Holiday Boutique, held both in the school’s cafeteria and gymnasium. Refreshments will be served, and Santa and Mrs. Claus will be hosting in the cafeteria area. Tables in the gym will feature crafts, cards and gifts for all ages. Hours: 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• The St. Michael-Albertville Girl Scouts and Colonial Mall team up for a holiday mall at St. Michael-Albertville Middle School West. This is a great chance to bring kids of all ages shopping for just a few bucks. Hours: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• St. Michael Fire and Rescue and the St. Michael Fire Explorers will host Santa at the Fire Hall, located on Main Street South. There will be a chance to snap a photo (bring your camera, too) and the explorers will be collecting toys for Caring for Kids. Hours: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Sunday, Dec. 7
• A new holiday tradition kicks off in Albertville courtesy of the Lions. The Albertville Lions and FYCC will be hosting the first Annual Christmas In The Park, featuring a new permanent Christmas Tree we will be lighting at Albertville Lions Central park in Downtown Albertville. The Lions plan to have some fun activities along with hot beverages and a fire pit with Smores fixens. The tree lighting will be around 5 p.m., but events in the park start at 3 p.m. Santa will be arriving at 3:30 p.m. on an Albertville Fire Department trucks. Hours: 3 to 5:30 p.m.
Thursday, Dec. 11
• First American Bank, St. Michael, located on Highway 241 and Naber Avenue, will host Santa in the bank’s lobby. Hot chocolate, coffee and cookies will be available, too. Hours: 4 to 5:30 p.m.
Saturday, Dec. 13
• Otsego Parks Santa Day: The City of Otsego and community organizations will host Santa and friends in Prairie Center, with outdoor activities planned in the park as well, located off Nashua Avenue Northeast. Sleigh rides will be on hand, and groups will be collecting food donations for the CAER Food Pantry. Cookies, cocoa and more will be provided. Hours: 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• Liberty Bar and Grill and the St. Michael American Legion will host Santa “in his big red chair by the fireplace,” an annual tradition. There will be deals on burgers and sloppy Joe’s, hot chocolate, cookies and more. Kids can make crafts and color pictures, or hang with an elf or two for story time. The St. Michael-Albertville choir will also perform around 11:30 a.m. Hours: 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Sunday, Dec. 14, Saturday Dec. 20 and Sunday, Dec. 21
• Kremer Toy and Hobby will host Santa in the Store from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Bring your own camera, and stick around to play with some of the amazing toys on sale.