If you travel eastbound Interstate 94 into Monticello, be ready to exit early, as the ramp from eastbound I-94 to Minnesota Highway 25 opens, and the ramp from eastbound I-94 to Wright County Road 18 closes today, Tuesday, Sept. 9.
The County Road 18 ramp will remain closed until October.
A bit of navigational nuance: Drivers won’t want to miss that Highway 25 exit, as the next eastbound I-94 exit is eight miles farther down the road at Albertville.
Here’s more detail on what you can expect after the changes:
- All lanes of I-94 between County Road 18 and Highway 25 will remain on narrow, temporary lanes with a reduced 55 mph speed limit.
- The ramp from eastbound I-94 to Highway 25 will open permanently.
- The ramp from eastbound I-94 to County Road 18 will be closed (exit early at Highway 25, about two miles before County 18).
- The ramp from County Road 18 to westbound I-94 will be closed (detour follows local roads to Highway 25, to westbound I-94)
- Both ramps from Highway 25 to eastbound I-94 will remain closed (detour Chelsea Road, to County Road 18, to eastbound I-94)