St. Michael and Albertville drivers who use Hennepin Road 144 to slip over to their favorite Rogers destinations take note: Hennepin County Road 144, which connects the area just south of St. Michael’s Highway 241 to Rogers, will be closing to traffic tomorrow as crews begin the reconstruction process of one of Rogers’ major roadways.
Hennepin Road 144 will be reconstructed to slip under Minnesota Highway 101, making it easier for traffic moving to and from Rogers High School and the Rogers Middle School, which is just east of the 144/101 intersection.
Here’s a look at the schedule for the $14.5 million project, which was approved by the Minnesota Department of Transportation last year:
May 2, 9 p.m. through mid-morning May 3
Southbound Hwy 101 will be closed between 147th Street and S. Diamond Lake Road. Motorists should follow the detour signs during the closure.
Both directions of Hwy 101 will be shifted to a single-lane bypass between S Diamond Lake Rd and 147th Street during construction.
Local businesses adjacent Hwy 101 will be accessible via the detour using James Road/Rogers Drive, 147th Street, Northdale Blvd and S Diamond Lake Road
County Road 144 will be detoured via James Road, 147th Avenue and Northdale Boulevard. Rogers’ 147th street will be a temporary intersection during construction to accommodate the detour.
Hennepin County Road 144 between Hwy 101 and Northdale Boulevard will close.
June- September 2014
Hwy 101 will be single lane in each direction on the bypass
County Road 144 between Hwy 101 and Northdale Boulevard will close
County Road 144 between Hwy 101 and Rogers Drive will close
All lanes on Hwy 101, County Road 144, Northdale Boulevard, James Road/Rogers Drive and 147th Avenue will be open but are subject to short-term closures. Be prepared for slow moving traffic
New interchange will be substantially complete
Miscellaneous construction work may continue
Summary of work
- Replace existing signalized intersection with a Diverging Diamond Interchange
- Lower County Road 144 at Hwy 101 and build Hwy 101 over the county road
- Update pedestrian crossings to meet modern accessibility standards
- Update signing and lighting to meet the needs of a Diverging Diamond Interchange
- Install new signal at County Road 144 and Rogers Drive/James Road intersection
- Resurface Hwy 101 between the interchange and the Crow River
- Resurface Hwy 101 between the interchange and the S. Diamond Lake Road