UPDATE: Xcel had restored power to most Albertville customers by about 8:45 a.m., well ahead of original schedule. A temporary fix had been put in place while crews survey and repair the line on Labeuax Avenue Northeast, near Willy McCoy’s restaurant and bar.
* * * *
Albertville Fire and Xcel Energy were dispatched to the scene of an electrical fire Thursday after an equipment failure sent sparks flying through the air.
The fire, which consumed portions of a support pole at the intersection of 57th Avenue Southeast and County Road 19 (LaBeaux) was cleared before 7 a.m., but the damage knocked out power to more than 1,400 homes, according to the power company.
A spokesperson from Xcel said the company hopes to have power restored by 10:30 a.m. Thursday.
It’s not known if rain and ice that was prevalent Thursday morning caused the equipment failure.
NWCToday will have more on this story as it develops.
Our lights flickered this morning as I was eating breakfast. But the power did stay on.