Hannah Nordquist, a local tumbler who has made her way from the Twin City Twisters club on to the University of Minnesota’s varsity women’s gymnastics team, earned All-American status with the balance beam routine of her life earlier this month at the NCAA Championships.
Nordquist, a senior, became a beam specialist this year for the Gophers, placing first with a “Perfect 10” score at the Big Five Meet. She also hit these marks this season:
• Scored a 9.900 on beam at Big Ten championships (3/19)
• was named Academic All-Big Ten
• named First Team All-Big Ten
• named NACGCW regular season All-American
• tallied a 9.925 on beam at NCAA Regionals (4/2)
You can watch a video of Hannah’s national championships routine here: