A Tuesday night garage fire in the 10400 block of 80th Street Northeast along the Albertville/Otsego border created a stir, but fortunately no one was hurt in the evening blaze.
According to Albertville Fire Chief Eric Bullen, crews were paged to the home in rural Albertville shortly after 10 p.m.
When Bullen arrived on scene, an outside storage area and attached shed were completely engulfed by flames, he said. Fortunately all occupants of the home had evacuated and no one was in the storage area or shed at the time.
St. Michael Fire was called for mutual aid.
There was extensive damage to the garage and shed, but the homeowner was able to salvage and remove some items from the garage.
The Wright County Fire Investigation Team was called to the scene to determine the origin of the fire. Bullen said no cause was given as a result of the investigation, but the source was limited to the outbuilding area. The fire is no longer under investigation, he said.