And now for the painful part of the Interstate 94 expansion between Rogers and St. Michael – lane closures.
According to the Minnesota Department of Transportation, motorists traveling between Rogers and St. Michael may encounter slow traffic and delays as both directions of Interstate 94 between Highway 241 and Highway 101 are reduced to a single lane during non-rush hours through November 2014.
The process will include steps to:
• Add an auxiliary lane to eastbound I-94 between Highway 101 and Highway 241
• Add a third lane to westbound I-94 between Highway 101 and Highway 241
• Extend the deceleration lane from westbound I-94 to Highway 101
• Improve the I-94 bridges spanning the Crow River
• Construct a noise barrier
• Make other improvements while lanes are closed for construction
To receive traffic change notices and other important project information, subscribe to the project’s email updates via the project’s state website .
North Wright County Today will also update its site and social media feeds with traffic information when conditions warrant it.