The St. Michael-Albertville U10 C-level girls’ softball team recently completed an improbable journey to the State and National Fastpitch softball tournaments this month, capping a season of success that included the following highlights:
– The girls played in the Suburban league where the team had a 12-3-1 record.
– To start off the season [mid-May] the girls played in the Chisago Lakes Challenge, taking second place
– In June, the girls played in two tournaments (1) Rebel Classic in Champlin where they took fourth place and (2) Bison Showdown in Buffalo where the girls took the consolation championship in the Gold bracket
– At the State Qualifier in Richfield, the girls battled their way through seven games taking fourth place
– At State in Eden Prairie the girls battle all the way way to the end again, playing seven games this time taking third place, earning their berth to both the NAFA & ASA Nationals
– The girls ended up taking sixth place in the NAFA nationals (last weekend) – which was a great end to their season!
Said coach Angie Olin – “The experience will be unforgettable for the girls, from the pin trading among all of the teams to the opening day parade where they girls had to dress alike with crazy socks, matching shirts and hair ties.”
Fellow coaches were LeRoy Lindenfelser and Jeff Pelowski.