It’s become almost as, well, trendy, to shred the Ice Bucket Challenge as it is to do it.
Look, I’m not saying everyone has to like it, but why pick on something like this? It was started by a man who is fighting ALS. He used the opportunity to challenge people, and it’s gone viral. By the way, don’t forget to donate at ALSA.org
So here are 10 reasons to STOP whining about the best thing to happen to 2014 so far:
1. You don’t have ALS. You don’t get to judge. $32 million can do a lot of good for a lot of people.
2. No Jerry Lewis
3. Did you pee today? Did you flush after? You wasted as much water as I did with my bucket of water.
4. Things go viral, deal with it. I can’t stand that stupid Grumpy Cat thing, and he’s not raising any money to solve any disease, but you keep posting it on your damn page. I haven’t said a word.
5. It’s hilarious seeing your cousins, friends and loved ones get wet.
6. Bonding is a good thing. At least we’re not arguing about every little thing like we did last election season.
7. Cynicism is unhealthy. It causes stress. Stress can lead to disease. Just sayin’
8. If you REALLY want, you can donate without water … we’re not stopping you. We just think the ice thing is kind of fun. AND, most of us are donating, too.
9. This is a GOOD thing. We hear about so much awful, ugly things happening everyday. Why would you complain about something GOOD? I don’t get it. You must be the same person who complains about all the pink, too.
10. Life’s too short. Especially for my friend Alan Grossman, my family friend Rennae Carlson Fuzzey and my wife’s family friend Linda Holthaus.