Albertville firefighters were called to a home in 10000 block of 62nd Street Northeast in Albertville around 11:30 a.m. after reports of a fire in a residence were phoned in to the Wright County Dispatch.
According to reports, the fire started in a laundry room, on the lower level of the split level residence. A mother, son and dog were able to escape the structure before anyone was injured.
Firefighters from Albertville Fire Department and St. Michael Fire and Rescue were able to keep the fire contained to the laundry room area. Some of the lower level and main floor did suffer moderate smoke damage, Albertville Fire Chief Tate Mills reported.
The cause was determined to be accidental, Mills said.
“There were some combustable materials stored too close to a hot water heater, which probably started this,” he stated in an e-mail sent to NWCToday.
Allina Ambulance and the Wright County Sheriff’s Office also assisted with the call.