The Minnesota Department of Transportation will be at Saint Michael City Hall to hold an open house from 5-7 p.m. Tuesday, April 3, to discuss the social, environmental and economic impacts of the proposed Interstate 94 expansion project.
The open house will be held in a non-formal format, and attendees may arrive at any time to learn about the proposed project, make comments, and have questions answered by MnDOT staff. There will no formal presentation. Comment forms will be available for people who wish to provide written comments for the public record.
The project’s Environmental Assessment Worksheet document is available on the MnDOT website and available for public review and copying at Albertville and St. Michael’s city halls and the St. Michael Public Library.
The expansion includes the following projects:
· Reconstruct I-94 from west of County Road 19 in Albertville to Highway 241 in St. Michael.
· Replace the I-94 bridges spanning County Road 19.
· Construct an eastbound collector-distributor road along I-94 between County Road 19 and County Road 37.
· Construct an additional lane on eastbound and westbound I-94 between County Road 19 and Highway 241.
· Add a westbound I-94 to Highway 241 exit loop at the I-94/Highway 241 interchange, and replace the Highway 241 bridge over I-94.